- Web-based Technology for Navigating Complexity
- Leverage the "wisdom of the group" to promote engagement
- Certified WindTunneling Facilitator (2016)
Imagine what might be possible if you could leverage the capacity and wisdom of your “system” and take coordinated action with
- less cynicism and waste and
- more accuracy, responsiveness and ease!
WindTunneling - a new technology based in systemic methods - gives you the leverage and versatility of online technology designed specifically for navigating complex issues.
Complex issues can be devilishly difficult to address effectively
With complex situations, you have many “unknowns,” some of which aren’t even “know-able” until you’ve tried something and see what happened in the rear-view mirror. Unfortunately, methods arising from crisis management to solve a problem could even aggravate the mess.
Think about the elements of the problem you’re dealing with. …
- Do you know what all the variables are, how they interrelate and probable causality for why this persists as a chronic problem?
- Even if you “get it” from your perspective, how do you get everyone to see from multiple perspectives and engage responsively as things continue to change?
- How do you know what “better” would be for everyone in the system and what you need to get there and stay there together?
Creating and sustaining engagement in a high-performance work environment is a complex problem. Stakeholder dialog for politically sensitive issues designed to result in risky, innovative change is another example. You’re looking to improve a situation that continuously evolves. Instead of “group think” you need the “wisdom of the group!”
Now you can quickly and reliably sweep in perspectives, identify emergent themes, and generate insight for aligned and adaptive decision-making and action.
The online component of WindTunneling is a unique leading-edge platform that enhances your collective capacity to:
- Generate, develop and assess ideas
- Engage in dynamic planning over time
- Test coherence and resilience of strategies.
The online activities allow you to gather and interact with ideas on their merits from more perspectives in a system. Gathering and interacting with people – through individual reflection and experiential group activities interspersed between online activities – brings these ideas to life.
As people interact with the ideas and each other, narratives of relevance and possibilities take shape. People find common direction, alignment and commitment. What may have been visible only to some but invisible to others can become visible to everyone so they can make new, more skillful or better-informed choices.
WindTunneling improves how you engage to innovate.
This professionally facilitated technology helps you:
- Generate greater understanding and alignment for decisions - avoiding “traps” such as false consensus or silencing outlier perspectives and priorities
- Engage despite difficult communication dynamics - diminishing the impacts of personality, power, bias and band-width limitations (people feel heard and tune each other in, not out!)
- Develop ideas on their merits - with all input unattributed and a record of all input being accessible to all participants - verbatim and in their “original” voice (crucial for accurate understanding and development of ideas - especially with highly technical or sensitive information or ideas that might be cryptically recorded or lost in translation)
- Quantify qualitative data - gaining insight on social metrics based on variables you choose
- Leverage your progress even as the situation evolves - with a coherent and dynamic record of what got you this far so anyone can, for example, on-ramp new players without losing a beat
- Empower collaborative leadership and problem solving - especially across perspectives and boundaries (e.g. time, geography, culture, etc.)
- Foster a more sustainable climate of trust, transparency, candor, agility and diversity.
WindTunneling is different from anything else you’ve seen. Get to the heart of what’s needed in complex situations…faster, more consistently, and better.
Contact me for a complimentary demo and to see what’s possible for you.
…it is time for all the heroes to go home… It is time to face the truth of our situation—that we’re all in this together, that we all have a voice—and figure out how to mobilize the hearts and minds of everyone in our workplaces and communities.
Leadership in the Age of Complexity: From Hero to Host, by Margaret Wheatley and Debbie Frieze
Lead. Collaborate. Grow. ... to Thrive!